News covering home textiles product development, merchandising and in-store presentation
Jennifer Marks, December 6, 2013Columbus, Ohio - Big Lots, the 12th largest retailer of home textiles with more than $400 million in 2012 sales, is reworking the home department as part of its larger "edit to amplify" strategy of evolving the store assortment. The home redo will touch furniture, soft home and hard home - with some tweaks in how the retailer approaches close-outs. More
HTT Staff, December 6, 2013Columbus, Ohio - Big Lots will wind down its Canadian operation and make a concerted run at ecommerce, social media and omnichannel retailing in 2014, the company announced as it reported a loss for the third quarter. More
HTT Staff, December 5, 2013Conshohocken, Pa. - Ikea plans to come to St. Louis with a 380,000-square-foot store that will open in the fall of 2015, the Swedish retailer announced yesterday. More
Jennifer Marks, December 5, 2013NEW YORK - There was no through line at retail in 2013, even within channel segments - where some retailers made steady gains while their rivals floundered. More
Cecile B. Corral, December 3, 2013Westport, Conn. - When Carlin Van Noppen first planted the seeds for her home furnishings specialty retail shop here almost a decade ago, she had a different idea in mind. More
HTT Staff, December 2, 2013Columbus, Ohio - A week after naming a new chief merchant, Big Lots has hired Martha Withers as senior vp, general merchandise manager for furniture and home décor - one of three new gmm positions the company announced today. More
HTT Staff, December 2, 2013London - West Elm is betting that its globally-inspired design translates well overseas with the debut of the company's first UK store. More
Susan Dickenson, November 27, 2013Philadelphia - Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust, a real estate investment trust specializing differentiated retail shopping malls, announced the results of a study that examines holiday spending plans among more than 2,000 U.S. adults. More
HTT Staff, November 27, 2013Green Bay, Wis. - Shopko has retained retail industry veteran Peter McMahon as its new ceo. More
News from the Web
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...
MOST POPULAR PAGES
- December 07-10, 2013
- December 08-11, 2013
- January 07-14, 2014Location: AmericasMart
NY Home Fashions Market
Join HTT Editorial Director Warren Shoulberg and Editor-in-Chief Jennifer Marks for their video reports from the New York Home Fashions Market. See the videos. (Sponsored by Lenzing.)