Heads up, table linen types…
The New York Tabletop Show wrapped up Friday. Here's the 411 on the week from Traditional Home senior style editor Krissa Rossbund, who shared her thoughts during a presentation yesterday morning at tabletop showroom building 41 Madison:
• Turquoise seen in porcelain and glassware. "We even saw blue flatware."
• Purple endures. "It's not everybody's favorite color, but when they see it well executed..."
• Masculine styles - dinnerware in pewter and gun-metal finishes, porcelain made to look like pewter. "Merge ‘Mad Men' and ‘Pan Am.'"
• Blue & white "it rolling out in really bold ways." [Note: This was also a big trend at last month's Maison & Objet show in Paris.]
• Textural patterns with a sculptural feel.
For even more on the subject, visit our sister publication, Gifts & Decorative Accessories, for its post-market wrap-up.