Gracious Home Names Fothergill president
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/24/2013 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - After conducting "an extensive search," high end home furnishings store Gracious Home has named industry veteran Ashley Fothergill as the company's new president.
Fothergill hails most recently from Ralph Lauren, where he had been since 2006, his last post as vp for the home collection. Prior to that, he served as director of product development at Williams-Sonoma, and earlier as director of product development at Sainsbury's in the United Kingdom. His career in retailing got started with Macy's Merchandising Group.
Gracious Home credi t s Fothergill with being "instrumental in building up the home category at Ralph Lauren, which covers many of Gracious Home's departments," including textiles, lighting, giftware, home fragrance, decorative accessories, stationery, paint and window hardware. The company added he also "personally led the successful development and launch of the newly introduced Ralph Lauren lighting collection, which GH debuted strongly this year."
Joel Kier, chairman, said Fothergill "comes highly recommended by many of GH's strongest relationships and supporters in the home furnishings industry."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...