Robert Allen Group Unveils Naturals II collection
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/24/2013 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - With a focus on fresh colors, the Robert Allen Group is launching Naturals II, the second iteration of its Naturals collection.
This second series embodies "easy elegance via the use of authentic materials in dry, textural fibers that lend themselves to creating a calming yet sophisticated space," the company said.
The Robert Allen design team reimagined the line for Naturals II, this time drawing inspiration from Palm Springs and the modern- rustic juxtaposition of tribal motifs with the area's sleek mid century aesthetic.
Naturals II's palette employs a new range of saturated reds - red earth, crimson, and sienna. Current hues in the fashion world, like subdued blue rain and delicate purple wisteria serve as on-trend accents, and neutral gray is reinterpreted as the richly livable graphite. Pops of classic cornflower, soft dew, and zesty lemongrass infuse the collection with a playful brightness. Popular designs from Naturals I have also been reissued in the new colors.
"The collection may be called ‘Naturals,' but that doesn't necessitate a neutral or dull palette," said Christy Almond, operating vice president, design. "The confident colors we're introducing in Naturals II transform the designs and are an unexpected take on this trend of casual constructions."
Naturals II patterns include simple geometrics, eclectic ikats, and detailed embroideries in a comfortable, washed finish. Classic designs such as an oversized paisley and a standard stripe are also presented, but have been modernized with chic metallic accents and crisp, fresh colorations. Other new introductions to the Naturals range include seven colors of brushed canvas and a whimsical eyelet.
"With Naturals II, we were extremely conscious of what our customer base was searching for," said Phil Kowalcyzk, ceo. "By rereleasing fresh versions of popular patterns and responding to the demand for specific colors and patterns, we've crafted a collection perfectly in tune with the wants of today's designers."
Patterns of note include: Native Trail, a painterly Navajo motif; Full Sweep, an applique embroidery on a 100% linen ground; Warm Shimmer, a rich embroidered linen with an ikat inspired design; Carmane, featuring crewel-like embroidery inspired by a geometric rug design; Eagle Pass, an Italian jacquard that features a three-end tap estrystrie and a unique textured look; and Duncan Range, employing an innovative jute construction with a unique texture.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...