Big Lots' cmo Martin to retire by spring 2014
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/16/2013 11:58:59 AM
Columbus, Ohio - Big Lots Inc.'s evp, chief merchandising officer, John C. Martin, has informed the company of his intention to retire from his role.
He will continue in his current capacity until his successor is appointed, and he has committed to provide guidance to his successor and the company through May 2014.
Big Lots has retained SpencerStuart to conduct a search of external candidates to succeed Martin.
"On behalf of the board of directors and our nearly 40,000 associates across the country, I would like to thank John for his dedication and unwavering support of Big Lots over the last 10 years," said Philip Mallott, chairman of the board. "He has been a highly valued member of our executive team in a number of different roles including merchandising, marketing, store operations, and human resources."
David Campisi, big Lots' recently appointed ceo and president, said that he and Martin are currently working together toward a new marketing direction while looking for new leadership in this key area of Big Lots' business.
In the near term, Martin said he is focused on helping the team execute the fall and holiday strategies "to make the most of 2013 while also offering my support to my replacement once he or she is identified."
He added: "I want to thank David, the board and our associates for their partnership and support over the last 10 years here at Big Lots. There have been so many accomplishments, new friendships, and good times, which I will always value. After nearly 40 years in the retail business with long hours and extensive travel, I look forward to slowing down and spending more quality time with family and friends."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...