Town & Country to exit Paula Deen license
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/2/2013 1:07:08 PM
New York - Town and Country Living will end its licensing relationship with celebrity cooking personality Paula Deen at the end of the summer.
Deen, who has lost most of her licensing and media relationships following the disclosure in a court proceeding that she had used racially insensitive language, was on a program of kitchen textiles for Town and Country.
"Town and Country's contract will be expiring over the next 60 days and we will not be renewing it," David Beyda, president of the company told Home Textiles Today. "We will continue to cover orders until the retailers have had the opportunity to change over their assortments to other programs."
Several key retailers, including Walmart, Target and Home Depot, have announced they will discontinue selling products under the Paula Deen name, and the Food Network said it will no longer include her shows on its cable channel.
Deen has apologized publicly several times for her statements.
I can't believe this is going on..everyone loves Paula Deen. So she messed up a little..everyone on television has at some time of there career has messed up..knock it off and let her keep her career going. Lots of worse things has happened by people.Janice Marks - 2013-07-07 15:14:35 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...