Hilco acquires Portico, Under the Canopy brands
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/20/2013 3:05:33 PM
Northbrook, Ill. -- Hilco Brands LLC, the brand investment and management division of Hilco Global, today announced it has acquired the Portico and Under the Canopy brands from New York-based Portico Brand Group.
Hilco Brands' current portfolio of brands and companies include Polaroid, Halston, and Miss America Properties.
"The acquisition of the Portico and Under the Canopy brands is consistent with the focus of Hilco Brands, which is to invest in and help manage exciting brand businesses with promising futures by infusing them with smart strategic thinking and the capital required to thrive," said Jeffrey Hecktman, chairman and ceo of Hilco Global.
Hilco said key members of the Portico Brand Group management team will continue to manage both brands with guidance from Hilco Brands, which will provide capital, corporate management and brand licensing advisory services.
"We look forward to supporting the current management team, led by Marci Zaroff, president and chief marketing officer, and Rachel Whitlow, chief operating officer," said Jeffrey Branman, managing director of Hilco Brands. "Portico and Under the Canopy are exciting brands with enormous growth potential. The eco-friendly, socially responsible products currently being manufactured and marketed by world class licensees provide a solid platform for further growth."
Both brands are currently licensed to major manufacturers, including WestPoint Home and Hunter Amenities International.
The Portico brand includes a full collection of eco-friendly products, including home and hotel furnishings, personal care and beauty products. The brand dates back to 1992, when it opened its flagship retail store on Spring Street in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood. The store carried high-end furniture, cotton and linen home textiles, specialty bath and spa products, and loungewear. Other locations opened thereafter, and the chain quickly became a destination for decorators, designers, and style-minded connoisseurs of exceptional products.
"Although the retail stores eventually closed, the brand's DNA lived on and thrived through successful licensing strategies," Hilco said in a release.
The Under the Canopy brand represents high quality, stylish home, spa/hospitality, apparel, and other textile-based products that employ environmentally and socially responsible materials and manufacturing methods. The brand was founded in 1996 by ECOfashion pioneer Zaroff, and claims to be the first lifestyle brand in the USA to present modern, high quality, and stylish products using environmentally and socially responsible materials and manufacturing methods.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...