Macy's flagship renovation to complete Phase Two in 2013
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/3/2013 12:12:33 PM
New York - Macy's said it will overhaul the main, mezzanine and 2nd floors of its flagship store here this year as part of its four-year renovation program.
Those plans include:
- Bridging the Broadway and Seventh Avenue store by the holiday season;
- Redesigning the cosmetics and fragrances department;
- Redesigning the men's department;
- Relocating the Visitor Center;
- Re-opening the Memorial Door entrance on 34th Street.
"The remodel of Macy's Herald Square is unlike any other renovation project in modern retail history," said Peter Sachse, chief stores officer for Macy's, Inc. "Its magnitude is massive and its impact impressive, as it transforms the store with the singular goal of creating the most dynamic shopping environment for our customers."
The first phase of the renovation was completed last year, including the shoe floor, a new luxury hall and the Herald Square Café.
We would love your feedback!
- May 7, 2012