Hye Jung In wins Surtex designext grand prize
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/21/2013 1:06:18 PM
New York - Hye Jung In of Seoul, Korea, a recent graduate in Textile Design at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, was named the winner of the 2013 designnext international student competition organized annually by the Surtex surfaces design trade show.
The Grand Prize comes with a $1000 cash award.
For this year's competition, students were challenged to create an overall concept and a minimum of six surface designs that would be appropriate in a gym, spa, health clinic or similar setting. Hye Jung In used imagery of Marrakesh, Morocco pulled from travel photos of the city. The judges lauded her sensitivity to surface, pattern and design for the global market in her portfolio.
"This year, 75 participants in the designext competition from 15 colleges developed distinctive portfolios that position them for entry into the surface design industry. All students have benefitted from the learning experience: to prepare commercially viable work on a defined theme that will translate to diverse surfaces. Each year, the four winners have utilized the contacts they made at Surtex to launch promising careers," said Penny Sikalis, vp of show organizer GLM and manager of the Surtex show.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...