Valdese makes new appointments for the cotnract business
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/13/2013 12:55:12 PM
Valdese, NC - Valdese Weavers had added new personnel for the Valdese Weavers Contract brand: Scott George, Fay McFetridge and Rosemary Harley.
George has joined the company as vp /sales and marketing of Valdese Weavers Contract. A veteran of the contract industry, he has held senior management positions with companies such as Mastercraft Contract, which Valdese Weavers acquired in 2007.
"Scott brings over 25 years of experience managing and growing textile businesses and will provide a seamless transition in providing leadership to fulfill the Valdese Weavers Contract overall growth strategy," said senior vp and chief marketing officer Blake Millinor.
McFetridge has become designer director for Valdese Weavers Contract. Her more than 20 years of experience in textiles includes an earlier stint as a designer at Valdese Weaver. She was most recently design manager for Cone Jacquards.
"Fay's strength in construction and weave development will be a great asset to our contract design team," said Laura Levinson, senior vp /design and merchandising.
Harley was hired last October as senior designer. Her focus is on developing products for the contract area both in seating and privacy curtain fabrics. She has held design positions at Craftex, Victor, and most recently Bentex Mills.
"We are excited to have Rosemary's talents added to our contract team. Her experience in the privacy curtain market will help us produce products suitable for this area," said Levinson.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...