Eastern Accents takes Scalamandre to bed
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/6/2013 9:38:01 AM
High Point, N.C. - Scalamandre, the legendary decorative fabric house that is now enjoying a renaissance in home furnishings, is entering the bedroom courtesy of Eastern Accents, which recently debuted a major new collection at the High Point Market.
The Eastern Accents introduction under the Scalamandre Maison name includes top-of-bed, sheets, decorative pillows, throws, down pillows and comforters, mattress pads, window treatments, table linens, benches, ottomans and even dog beds.
The line is targeted at specialty retailers and will have its retail launch next month at Gracious Home in New York.
The undisputed star of the collection is Scalamandre's iconic Zebras pattern, based on original artwork from the company namesake, Flora Scalamandre. The black and white prancing zebra is set against a bold red background and is used on a variety of individual pieces, most strikingly on an oversized floor pillow. The Le Zebra pattern is also used on curtains and the dog bed. Prices are in the moderate to high range.
Top of the bed pieces range from duvet covers to European cotton matelasse coverlets and shams to herringbone throws.
The sheets are 200-count Egyptian cotton finished with a Bargello satin stitch, all woven in Italy. Down products feature 330-count cotton sateen ticking and 850-fill-power white goose down.
Eastern Accents, based in Chicago - where it operates a workshop that produces many of its products - has done a number of licensed programs, including Barclay Buttera, in addition to its own branded product.
Scalamandre, founded in 1929, has been relaunching its brand over the past several seasons to the home furnishings product market, debuting a line of tabletop products with Lenox last year.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...