San Francisco exhibit to focus on textiles collection
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/6/2013 9:29:22 AM
San Francisco - The de Young museum here last week a special new exhibition, From the Exotic to the Mystical, which represents 15 centuries of textile arts.
Running thorugh Aug. 4, the museum's collection includes finely detailed English embroideries, playful Spanish laces, magnificent tapestries, and a set of elaborate French ecclesiastical vestments from the reign of Louis XIV.
The exhibition also honors Anna Gray Bennett, the founding curator for textile arts at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco and a champion for the study of European textile traditions. She died in 2012.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...