BBB to Stake Omnichannel Claim
Jennifer Marks -- Home Textiles Today, 4/15/2013 2:00:00 AM
UNION, N.J. - Bed Bath & Beyond - the top retailer for showrooming - is fighting back, building a beefed up omnichannel operation, developing new web sites and working to improve mobile sites and apps.
The retailer has opened an ecommerce fulfillment center in Pedergrass, Ga. to support the online business.
"We have also made significant progress toward creating an enhanced omnichannel experience for our customers and have taken substantial steps to replacing both back end and customer- facing systems, which will culminate in launching new websites for both Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath & Beyond by the end of our fiscal second quarter," ceo Steve Temares told analysts during the company's quarterly conference call last week.
He said BBB has also increased investment in people and systems to upgrade data and analytics capabilities - and indicted further investments are planned for this year.
The effort also includes upgrading the company's mobile sites and apps, enhancing network communications in stores and implementing point of sales improvements, said Temares.
In addition, the company is fine-tuning its omnichannel marketing so that it can begin offering personalized product promotions.
Bed Bath & Beyond has commenced the first phase of a new IT data center Claremont, Ga.
"We also continue to invest in all aspects of our company to enhance the experience in store, online and through mobile devices and social media, and we remain committed to being our customers' first choice for the merchandise categories we offer domestically, interactively and, over the longer term, internationally," said Temares.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...