Intertextile Shanghai unveils 2014 trends
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/29/2013 1:24:40 PM
Shanghai - Intertextile Shanghai, the home textiles trade fair taking place here Aug. 27-29, has announced the 2014 trends put together by its international trend committee.
- Magic Nature - a combination of nature's raw beauty and rich, baroque motifs;
- Heritage Funtasy - a playful mix of with classical references from the Occident and Orient in a contemporary context;
- Bohemian Rhapsody - an interpretation of folklore elements from a variety of cultures;
- Dandy Select - a new chic that melds the artisanal and the modern.
Product reflecting the trends will be on display during the show at the Intertextile International Lifestyle Trend Forum, which is expanding this year. Led by trend forecaster Nelly Rodi, the trend committee also included:
- Ben Wu (China), founder of W+S Group, designer of the Chateau de Bordeaux;
- Carolyn Quartermaine (United Kingdom), artist, painter, designer and maker;
- Eric Gizard (France), interior architect and designer, creative director, founder and director of EGA;
- Gérard Durand (France), head of home and fashion trends for Galeries Lafayette;
- Sue Morris (Australia), designer for Linen House;
- Vincent Grégoire (France), artistic director and designer for NellyRodi Agency.
Last year's fair featured more than 1,300 exhibitors from 29 countries and regions, and attracted more than 39,000 trade buyers from 100 countries and regions. This year, the show will include pavilions from Belgium, Greece, India, Italy, Korea, Pakistan, Taiwan and Turkey.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...