Coyuchi gains GOTS certification for all organic products
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/23/2013 1:07:45 PM
Berkeley, Calif. - Organic and natural fiber home textiles source, Organic Coyuchi, has achieved certification for all of its organic cotton product lines from the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
Textile processing standard for organic fibers GOTS covers the processing, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, trading and distribution of all textiles made from at least 70% certified organic natural fibers.
Including both ecological and social criteria, backed by independent certification of the entire supply chain, the aim of the standard is to define globally-recognized requirements that ensure the organic status of textiles - from harvesting of the raw materials, to environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing, all the way to labeling.
Coyuchi has been using GOTS certified manufacturing facilities for several years, making "every effort to source and manufacture products in socially compliant facilities with minimal harm to the environment," the company said.
Having already achieved GOTS certification for nearly every organic cotton item sold by Coyuchi, the expanded certification will now apply to every organic item carried by the brand.
Coyuchi ceo Karyn Barsa said she and the company "are very proud to have met this demanding standard, and will strive to continue leading the way when it comes to socially and environmentally responsible home textile production."
This new GOTS certification assures consumers that in addition to environmental protection, Coyuchi's production process protects laborers around the globe, ensuring freely chosen employment, fair living wages, safe and hygienic working conditions and more.
"Coyuchi is one of the first and largest home textile companies in the U.S. to get its extensive offering certified to GOTS," noted Sandra Marquardt, GOTS representative in North America.
Added Eileen Mockus, vp of product: "We are excited to provide our customers with the highest standard of environmental and social commitment across the widest array of products in the home textiles industry. With the GOTS certification, we can verify through third party auditors, that our products adhere to the values we've held as a company for over 20 years."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...