Morgan Fabrics moving into larger facility in Tupelo
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/22/2013 12:55:09 PM
Tupelo, Miss. -- Morgan Fabrics is moving into a new warehouse and distribution center here that at 320,000 square feet is almost triple the size of the building the company has leased for the past six years.
The building, which Morgan will use as its Tupelo Free Trade Zone facility, sits on a 25-acre site.
Arnie Gittelson, chairman of the Los Angeles-based fabric supplier, said in a statement that Morgan is constructing new offices at the facility this month, adding new telephone and IT facilities, and upgrading the lighting in preparation for a May 1 move-in date.
"The additional space allows our young management team the luxury of adding new ideas and new products, taking Morgan into the next 50 years," he said.
Morgan also announced the promotion of two of its staff and the hiring of a sales representative.
Suzanne Theodore is in the new role of vice president of project management. She has been with the company for five years and has extensive knowledge of Morgan's systems, the company said. She will be involved in operations as well.
Paulina Muzekari is now executive director of product development, overseeing design direction for Morgan and its sister company, Michael Jon Designs. She also will be involved in business development with key accounts and retailer relationships.
The company has hired industry veteran Ken Martin as a sales representative on the East Coast and in the Southeast.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...