Valdese Weavers promotes Millinor, Levinson
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/18/2013 11:25:40 AM
Valdese, N.C. - Decorative textiles manufacturer Valdese Weavers has expanded the executive roles of Blake Millinor and Laura Levinson.
President and ceo Mike Shelton announced Millinor will become senior vp and chief marketing officer for Valdese Weavers, after having served as president of the company's contract division. He joined Valdese Weavers in 2001 to develop opportunities with both manufacturers and distributors in the hospitality, office furnishings, healthcare, and textile wallcovering markets. He began his textiles career at Milliken, and held a variety of responsibilities in the contract units of Mastercraft and Tietex prior to joining Valdese Weavers.
"Blake's transition, to include under his direction the company's residential sales and marketing efforts, has been enhanced through the interaction he has experienced for the past five years working closely with Laura Levinson and Zack Taylor (former company vp/ residential, and now president of Wesley Hall Inc.) to fashion the overall product, sales, and marketing strategies across all markets that have resulted in the substantial growth that Valdese Weavers has experienced," said Shelton.
Levinson will become senior vp / design and merchandising for Valdese Weavers, overseeing all creative aspects of the business. She most recently w as senior vp/ product development and design. She began her career at Valdese Weavers as a design associate in 1990. She received a Masters of Fine Arts from the Rhode Island School of Design in 1995. She relocated to New York and established a design studio for Valdese Weavers to enable enhanced design integration with key customers' creative teams. Laura and in 2001 became the first female vice president in the company's history.
"Her vision and leadership has inspired the individual design and development directors and staff at each of our brands: Valdese Weavers, Circa 1801, Home Fabrics, Valdese International Products (VIP), and Valdese Weavers Contract. Beyond this responsibility, Laura has a unique skill set that has established her also as a great business leader inside our company and in our industry," said Shelton.
The company said further announcements will be coming from Millinor and Levinson concerning organizational changes to their departments.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...