Carpenter marks social media milestones on SleepBetter page
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/18/2013 11:22:16 AM
Richmond, Va. -- Carpenter Co.'s SleepBetter page on Facebook recently eclipsed the 250,000-fan mark, and continues to attract thousands of new fans per week since it crossed that quarter million milestone in March, the company has announced.
Additionally last month, when daylight saving time (DTS) embarked, Carpenter Co. and SleepBetter leveraged the clock change for its "Lost-Hour" campaign, which resulted in "hundreds of news media ‘hits' and social media buzz that drove tens of thousands of visitors to SleepBetter.org," the company noted.
Dan Schecter, svp of consumer products at Carpeter Co. and the creator of SleepBetter.org, explained that because the company is now "able to connect with and share the latest and best sleep tips and information with over 250,000 fans on Facebook is incredible. SleepBetter and Carpenter Co. are now in a strong position to engage these fans as SleepBetter ambassadors for marketing and partnership opportunities that we are currently exploring."
The DTS campaign was built around research that SleepBetter commissioned and developed into the "Lost-Hour Economic Index" to resonate with media outlets nationwide looking to file stories on the impact of daylight saving time on sleep. The Index, which detailed the economic cost of losing an hour of sleep due to DST was featured on major media outlets like MSNBC, CNN and Fox News Money, Bloomberg News, the Huffington Post, Time.com, Esquire.com and more than 170 TV news reports across the country, reaching millions of households.
At the same time, SleepBetter launched a three-week long Facebook contest to engage and grow its fan base. There were 3,015 entries submitted, and the contest also resulted in an increase of more than 6,000 new Facebook fans for the company.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...