Costco 2Q Exceeds Expectations
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/17/2013 2:00:00 AM
ISSAQUAH, WASH. - Costco beat Wall Street estimates during the second quarter, with net income up 38.8% to $547 million, or $1.24 per share.
Total sales for the quarter ended Feb. 17 rose 8% to $24.3 billion. Both consolidated same store sales and U.S. comp were up 5%.
For the first half of the fiscal year, net income jumped 34.9% to $963 million, or $2.19 per share.
Total sales for the first half increased 9% to $47.55 billion.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...