Overstock ceo returns from leave
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/15/2013 1:14:08 PM
Salt Lake City - Online retailer Overstock.com announced today that founder and ceo Patrick Byrne has resumed his duties following a medical leave.
During his leave, Byrne retained his post as chairman, but former president Jonathan Johnson served as acting ceo.
Byrne began a medical leave of absence in February to address heart problems that were thought to be associated with cancer treatments received much earlier in life, the company said.
"I wish to extend my gratitude to Jonathan, who has done a fine job in my absence, and in my view is ready to start providing direction at the board level, while retaining executive responsibilities for a large section of the company," Byrne said.
Johnson will stand for election to the board at the retailer's annual shareholders meeting next month. Assuming shareholders approve his election, he will be named executive vice chairman.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...