Yala adds chevron to organic collection
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/17/2013 9:51:25 PM
Ashland, Ore. - Sustainable textiles producer Yala has introduced the Chevron organic cotton collection of hand block printed quilts, shams and lounge wear.
All products are made from organically grown cotton and Azo-free dyes.
Nancy and Chelsea Morgan, the mother-daughter team responsible for Yala, traveled to India to work with the artisans to create the collection. The fabric is washed and dried multiple times so it is colorfast and will not shrink. The quilts, shams and cushions are reversible in Indigo Jaya/Chevron. Isis tunic is available in Navy Chevron.
"We were so impressed by the care that goes into each step of production; we wanted to share the story, "says daughter Chelsea.
The workshop employs more than 300 local families working in a collaborative team model.
"I feel pride to be associated with a business where the head of the company had a kind word for all the employees, whether they were stamping the blocks onto the fabric or sweeping the warehouse floor," said Nancy.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...