Brentwood on path to meet energy efficiency goals by 2014
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/17/2013 2:29:31 PM
Carson, Calif. - Brentwood Originals, the longtime leading decorative pillow supplier, is aggressively pursuing energy efficiency via several initiatives at its facilities and offices.
The company first joined the Environmental Protection Agency's Climate Leaders Small Business Alliance in 2009, and at that time committed to reducing its energy usage by 5% over a span of five years.
As Brentwood president Loren Sweet explained to HTT, "it has now been four years and I would like to share our progress."
From 2008 to 2012, changes include:
- Electricity units down 6.9% in KWH (kilowatt hours);
- Electricity spend down 14.9%
- Gas units down 2.3% in CCF (100 cubic feet)
- Gas spend down 41.7%
- Water units up 3.8% in CCF
- Water spend up 9.4%
Sweet noted the efforts have resulted in "not just less money but actually less units."
He added that while water usage and expense increased in the period, "the water is a very small component of the overall mix and is not included when calculating the carbon footprint."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...