IFDA event to celebrate Japanese incense culture
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/13/2013 1:40:28 PM
New York - Two members of The International Furnishings and Design Association's (IFDA) Japan chapter are visiting New York to share their country's customs for entertaining - old and new - with a focus on the high art of the Japanese Incense Ceremony.
Presenters Akemi Toguchi and Akari Koike are entertainment experts in Japan.
Toguchi's tabletop designs have appeared in Elle Décor and other publications. Her work has been displayed at special events for Lalique, Meissen, Bernardaud, and Jimmy Choo.
Koike was the first executive chief director of the Japan Party Planner Association, where she implemented courses in design and party planning for both home and corporate events. She now serves as advisor to corporations, cafes, and restaurants helping with branding and market promotions.
The lecture will take place March 19 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Hastings Tile & Bath
in the A & D Building, 150 E. 58th St. (between Lexington & 3rd Aves) on the 10th floor.
Entry fee is $15 for IFDA members and $5 for IFDA student members. The fee for non-members is $30 for adults and $10 for students.
RSVP is required by Friday, March 15 at email@example.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...