Target, Feed align for new home, apparel collection for charity
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/11/2013 1:21:35 PM
Minneapolis - Target Corp. has partnered with Feed Projects, a social business founded by Lauren Bush Lauren, to create the new "FEED USA + Target" collection spanning several product categories, including home.
The limited-time-only collection, which includes more than 50 products within home, sporting goods, stationery, and apparel and accessories, will benefit Feeding America, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity.
The collection will available beginning June 30 at Target stores and on Target.com.
Co-designed by Bush Lauren, the products feature a modern, casual and handcrafted feel, and each product displays the number of meals that will be donated to children and families through Feeding America as a result of the purchase.
Prices are set to range from $3 to $400 per piece.
"Establishing meaningful partnerships is part of Target's brand legacy, from innovative design collaborations to long-term community programs," said Stacia Andersen, senior vice president, merchandising, Target. "Through our partnership with Feed, we are offering our guests an exclusive, stylish collection that also supports an important cause."
Feed began in 2006 when Bush Lauren designed a bag to benefit the United Nations World Food Programme's School Feeding program. She founded Feed Projects LLC in 2007 with the mission to create good products that help feed the world. Best known for its iconic burlap bags, Feed's projects to date have raised enough funds to provide nearly 60 million school meals to children around the world.
"Through product sales, we hope to provide 10 million meals to Americans in need, which would make it the largest U.S. initiative in Feed's history," said Bush Lauren.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...