Allure Home takes two design paths for bath lines this market
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/8/2013 12:05:51 PM
Boonton, N.J. - Exploded and embellished.
These are two words that fittingly describe the two different design directions being taken by Allure Home Fashions in its latest offering of bath coordinates, launching at the New York Home Fashions Market.
Gaby Colquitt, vp of design and marketing, explained her choice of words for the batch of 24 new collections - 16 of which are designed for master bath-type looks and eight of which span novelty styles for juvenile, tween, teen and back-to-college purposes.
By "exploded," she means "over-scaled, graphic, extra large floral and leaf patterns" on the master bath groupings for a "very modern, very clean look.
"Embellished," she said about the second trend story, includes dressmaker details, special sewing treatments, "and other added value fabrications that hit a different kind of look from the graphic collections." Many of these looks serve the younger customer set.
Each of the 24 new bath collections includes matching towel ensembles, shower curtain and bath rug that "indirectly" coordinate with bath accessories.
And by "indirectly" Colquitt means "using new techniques, like different shines, washes, glazes, and finishes" on the accessories pieces that are not necessarily exact matches to their soft goods counterparts but rather comfortably complement them "via colors and shapes."
"We are excited about this market," Colquitt said. "We feel like we have some very strong contenders. It's time to update, and we have explored some very different coordinating looks and different kinds of collections for our retail partners this market."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...