Denali Home Collection by Monterey Mills announces contest winners
Announces themes for next competition
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/5/2013 12:26:24 PM
Janesville, Wis. - Denali Home Collection by Monterey Mills, a supplier of knitted pile fabrics, has announced its winners for the Second Annual Design-A-Throw Contest.
The Grand Prize of $1,000 was awarded to Hannah Reidy (University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth) for her design "Sea of Dreams."
Nine prizes were awarded in this year's competition: one Grand Prize, three 2nd Place, and five 3rd Place, almost double last year. In all, $3,500 in prizes were awarded to students this year, and $2,500 in scholarship funds were donated to participating schools.
Prizes were awarded to the following students:
- Hannah Reidy, 1st Place, $1,000, University of Mass. - Dartmouth
- Melinda Thiedig , 2nd Place, $500 , Stephens College
- Benazir Torres, 3rd Place, $500, Savannah College of Art & Design
- Lindsay Ducey, 4th Place , $500, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Morgan Bregitzer, 5th Place, $200, Central Michigan University
- Anna Hall, 6th Place, $200, North Carolina State University
- Abigail Decker, 7th Place , $200, Syracuse University
- Samantha Burdett, 8th Place, $200, North Carolina State University
- Vicki Good, 9th Place, $200, Central Michigan University
Students from eight colleges and universities across the country participated in the opportunity to design a throw, adding to Denali's 2014 collection.
"Our goal was to utilize the talents of students to develop new designs into the line. We were not only overwhelmed by the response from numerous design schools that participated but also amazed at the level of creativity," said Daniel Sinykin, president and ceo.
The company is already working on the patterns submitted and has announced the fall 2013 Design-A-Throw Contest will be centered on the themes of Nautical and Hunting. Information can be found on the website at www.designathrow.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...