Rouleau interim ceo at Tuesday Morning
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/4/2013 12:03:30 PM
Dallas - Former Michaels Stores president and ceo Michael Rouleau has been named interim ceo at Tuesday Morning. Brady Churches, who became ceo last September, has resigned but will remain involved with the retailer as a consultant.
Tuesday Morning has engaged Spencer Stuart, a global executive search firm, to assist in the search for a permanent ceo.
"My immediate focus is to ensure that Tuesday Morning's associates, customers and business partners understand that this is a strong, stable company with great untapped potential," said Rouleau, who was appointed to Tuesday Morning's board of directors last December.
Rouleau's extensive retail career began in 1962 at Target, at that time a mass-market discount concept operated by Dayton's Department Store. As one of Target's first 25 employees, Rouleau served in roles of increasing responsibility, eventually rising to executive vice president for merchandising and logistics/supply chain.
In 1988, Rouleau co-founded one of the country's first office supply chains, Office Warehouse, which went public in 1991 and was acquired by OfficeMax in 1992. He later held senior leadership positions with Lowe's (executive vp, retail operations, 1992-1996) and Michael's Stores (president and ceo, 1996-2006). Under Rouleau's leadership, Michael's Stores grew sales and profits for 10 consecutive years before it was sold in 2006.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...