Abbyson Living expands into new East Coast warehouse
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/4/2013 9:19:34 AM
Chatsworth - Home furnishings manufacturer Abbyson Living has opened a new East Coast warehouse and distribution facility.
"Though we've long been servicing our clientele from our distribution center in California, we realized there was an opportunity to be even more efficient in taking care of our customers' needs," said Doddy Rafieha, vice president of Abbyson Living. "Opening our new warehouse and distribution facility in Virginia allows us to get product to our East Coast consumers faster, with the same level of customer service they've come to expect from Abbyson Living."
Though Abbyson Living has always shipped nationwide through a variety of shipping partners from the company's California home base, East Coast customers were often waiting four to six weeks for their product, according to a press release. The new 80,000-sq.-ft. state-of-the-art warehousing and distribution facility allows the company to service East Coast consumers in as little as five to seven business days.
The new Virginia-based facility is an extension of Abbyson's drop-ship program, further providing white-glove delivery service to the East Coast. Having a facility on the East Coast also supports Abbyson's green initiative, in keeping with the company's mandate to reduce its carbon footprint by reducing the travel time required to deliver its quality home furnishings.
"We're proud of how our company has grown, and continue to research new and inventive ways to become more effective and dynamic in meeting our customers' needs while deepening our commitment to quality," Rafieha said. "Moving forward with our Virginia warehouse, we're excited to see what heights we can reach next."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...