Belk puts Flur in charge of multi-channel effort
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/15/2013 12:05:42 PM
Charlotte, N.C. - Regional department store Belk has hired Dorlisa Flur as executive vice president omni-channel, reporting to John R. Belk, president and chief operating officer.
She spent the past eight years at Family Dollar Stores, most recently as vice chair, strategy and chief administrative officer. Prior roles included chief merchandising officer and the executive vice president of strategy and marketing. Prior that, Flur was at McKinsey and Company, a management consulting firm. In her last two years at the firm, she led the Retail Practice group in the Southeast.
Belk is in the process of creating an omni-channel environment that fully integrates the digital experience with the store experience. Initial implementation will span three to four years and will include a new ecommerce platform, new point of sale systems, improved mobile applications, installing customer data warehouse and analytics and establishing enterprise inventory availability.
Flur will lead a team of representatives from IT, ecommerce and stores in the effort.
"Like many retailers, we are early in our omni-channel journey, and we know it will be critical to our success going forward," said Belk.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...