Meijer outlines store plans
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/14/2013 11:41:03 AM
Grand Rapids, Mich. - Meijer will invest more than $160 million in new and remodeled stores this year, including construction of a new flagship.
Plans include six new Meijer supercenters and five major store remodels, four in Michigan and one in Illinois. In addition, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois will open two new supercenters each.
The remodel of Meijer's store at The Knapp's Corner in Grand Rapids will to receive a new Meijer flagship remodel that will test design elements to be considered for future stores.
"We are pleased to continue to invest in the Midwest communities that have supported us for so long," said Hank Meijer, co-chairman and co-ceo. "By keeping prices low and maintaining our focus on customer service, we have been able to continue to grow during a tough economic cycle."
Meijer has opened 29 new stores since 2007 and now operates 199 superstores and grocery stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
The company plans to stick to the strategy of slow, steady grow, said Meijer.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...