Lenzing to open jumbo production line
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/14/2013 11:37:41 AM
Lenzing, Austia - Fiber producer Lenzing is constructing a new production line at its plant here that will have the capacity to produce 64,000 tons of fiber per year.
In addition to the specialty fibers Lenzing Modal and Lenzing FR, Tencel will also be produced at the new site.
The company is investing 130 million Euros (approximately $173 million) in the project, which is schedule to begin operations next year.
"Tencel represents the greatest technological innovation in the man-made cellulose fiber industry since the invention of the viscose fiber around 100 years ago," said Dieter Eichinger, vp for Lenzing's Business Unit Textile Fibers. "Tencel uniquely answers the demands for competitive production costs relative to other fibers with the demands for sustainable production."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...