Gordmans promotes Morand to chief merchant
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/12/2013 12:16:40 PM
Omaha - Gordmans has named Michael Morand executive vp and chief merchandising officer. Previously, he was executive vp of planning, allocation and analysis.
"Mike is an accomplished leader across multiple retail formats and organizations," said Jeff Gordman, president and ceo. "His merchandising acumen, strategic planning proficiency and inventory management expertise make him the perfect choice to lead the combined merchandising and planning team, serving in a critical role necessary to achieve our strategic objectives and drive Gordmans' continued expansion in both new and existing markets."
Morand has spent more than 30 years in the retail industry. Prior to joining Gordmans in 2007, he held senior level positions in merchandising, strategic planning, allocation and marketing for several operating divisions of May Department Stores (now known as Macy's), including Robinsons-May, Famous Barr and Lord & Taylor.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...