Overstock ceo goes on leave
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/12/2013 12:13:16 PM
Salt Lake City - Overstock ceo and chairman Patrick Byrne is taking a temporary leave of absence. President Jonathan Johnson will serve as acting ceo, and Byrne will remain chairman.
"Dr. Byrne, in recent years, had undergone various procedures regarding cardiac issues that may stem from his earlier episodes of cancer, and his leave of absence is associated with these cardiac issues," the company said.
Byrne made news last month when he was arrested for allegedly boarding a plane with a loaded Glock 23 at Salt Lake City International Airport. He said he was unaware the gun was in his carry-on bag.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...