Shopko completes Pamida conversion
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/1/2013 12:30:15 PM
Green Bay, Wis. - Shopko said it has completed the remodel of 163 Pamida stores to the Shopko Hometown format, giving it giving it a significant footprint in smaller and rural communities.
The merger was announced in January 2012.
Shopko invested $70 million in the conversion. The company now operates 176 Shopko Hometown stores compared to 10 a year ago.
Shopko Hometown combines pharmacy services apparel, toys, consumer electronics, seasonal, and lawn and garden products in stores ranging from
15,000 to 35,000 square feet.
"As we move into 2013 and beyond, our focus is on solidifying the Shopko Hometown brand and opening more Hometown stores in new communities," said Mike Bettiga, Shopko interim ceo and chief operating officer.
An affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Shopko Stores Operating Co. is a $3 billion retailer operating nearly 350 stores in 22 states.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...