Glen Raven offers new Sunbrella fabrics by Richard Frinier
Cindy W. Hodnet -- Home Textiles Today, 2/1/2013 12:24:09 PM
Glen Raven, N.C. - Sunbrella Fabrics, manufactured and marketed by Glen Raven, is expanding its Renaissance collection with the addition of new fabrics by designer Richard Frinier.
The Origins collection has a slightly fuller appearance and weight, said company officials, and includes nine patterns in a diverse color palette. The Renaissance fabric line incorporates recycled, post-industrial content and was initially launched in a braided rug collection that has expanded into upholstery.
"We are living in a time when people are more interested than ever in reducing our carbon footprint," Frinier said. "As a designer, it is important to design what comes next while also being mindful of what came before. Renaissance yarns provide a wonderful material for incorporating the lineage of the past of Sunbrella fabrics with the look and texture that is sought after today."
Both textures and classic stripe patterns are included in the Origins collection. All of the constructions, patterns and colorways have been designed to mix and match
The new patterns include Sashiko, a textural base cloth with a contrasting thread line; Quillo, a double cloth with a stitch grid pattern; Graphx, a pattern with some squares inspired by graph paper; Lintex, a lightly textured weave with a linen flavor; Playa Vista, a colorful coastal stripe; Sea Esta, a stripe in Alpaca, Raffia, Sisal, Denim, Hemp, Granite and Sable; Burlin, a combination with the appearance of burlap and linen weaves; 2Tone, a stripe pattern produced by using contrasting high-and-low colorways; and 3Peat, with broad and narrow stripes that are banded and sized to scale.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...