Comps up again last week
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/29/2013 12:27:49 PM
New York - Same-store sales rose 1.6% in the fourth week of January following a 1.8% gain the prior week, according to The Johnson Redbook Retail Sales Index.
Month-to-date, January was up 1.9% compared to January of last year, relative to a target of a 2.3% gain. Month-over-month showed a 0.5% drop, relative to a target of a flat reading.
Low temperatures in many parts of the country spurred sales of cold weather apparel for some retailers but stormy winter weather also kept people at home, explained Redbook analyst Catlin Levis.
"The change over from winter to spring merchandise was said to be proceeding normally, with no unusual inventory issues," she continued. "Some stores are transitioning more gradually than usual, given the increasing unwillingness of shoppers to buy ahead of need; this may mean a slow start to the spring season."
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 26, 2012
- Apr 24, 2012
- Nov 25, 2011
- Oct 18, 2011
- Nov 20, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...