Target remodeling Michigan stores with more food, revamped home department
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/28/2013 1:07:15 PM
Minneapolis -- Target Corp. is on path to remodel several of its units across the country, and next in the queue is its Detroit market.
The discount chain is adding fresh grocery to its sites in the area, including a large selection of affordable fresh foods, as well as revamping the overall store layouts to feature "reinventions" in several other departments such as home, beauty, shoes and baby.
The effort is "aimed at providing guests with an exceptional one-stop shopping experience."
Target said its remodeled stores will include approximately 10,000 square feet dedicated to fresh food, including an assortment of fresh produce, fresh packaged meat and pre-packaged baked goods, in addition to dry and frozen offerings. Guests will also find a selection of national food brands as well as Target-owned brands including Archer Farms, Market Pantry, and Sutton & Dodge.
Other enhancements beyond food will include easier navigation with wider aisles and lower product displays in the home department as well as a more visual environment in beauty, additional seating and mirrors in shoes, and broader visibility between baby gear, supplies and apparel in the baby department.
All remodeling is scheduled to be complete by March 24.
"We've heard from our guests that they want more fresh food options in the convenience of their local Target store," said Annette Miller, senior vice president of grocery. "We're excited to unveil a new, one-stop shopping experience and believe this significant investment underscores our commitment to the Detroit community."
The Michigan-based remodels, featuring expanded fresh food layout and other enhanced departments, debuting March 24 include Target locations in these markets: Rochester Hills; Canton; Clinton Pointe; West Livonia; Commerce Township; Auburn Hills; Troy; Allen Park; and Southfield.
The chain said it will share information about plans to remodel additional stores in Detroit later this spring.
Target is also remodeling locations in several other markets across the country including Cleveland, San Antonio and Las Vegas.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...