Comps positive last week, but down a notch
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/23/2013 12:56:50 PM
New York - The Johnson Redbook Retail Sales Index was up 1.8% in the third week of January following a 1.9% gain the prior week.
Month-to-date, January was up 1.9% compared to January of last year, relative to a target of a 2.3% gain. Month-over-month showed a 0.4% drop, relative to a target of a flat reading.
"The focus on clearance and inventory reshaping continued to make for sporadic activity during third week, typical of the transitional month," said Catlin Levis, Redbook analyst. "The week again produced mixed results, with few discernible trends."
She added that some stores had planned for a relatively soft month and continued to perform below expectations. Weekly sales leader lists indicated a shift away from clearance categories toward more everyday items.
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 20, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...