American Heart Association looks to create home line
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/15/2013 11:57:13 AM
Dallas - Concept Marketing Group, the New York based licensing consultancy, is collaborating with the American Heart Association to develop a collection of stylish home products to be named "Home is Where The Heart Is." The goal is to drive awareness of heart disease in women and raise revenue for the American Heart Association.
"Because women are the predominant purchaser of home furnishings, we believe fashionable home furnishings in concert with marketing materials, hangtags and other literature about the charity's mission, will serve as a means to educate the female consumer about how to live a healthy lifestyle and avoid this number one killer," said Kerry Glasser, founder of Concept Marketing Group.
An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease and 90% of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease, according to Lynne Muth, vp of corporate relations for the American Heart Association.
"This is the perfect time for the home industry to come on board as we continue to explore new means of reaching the consumer," she added.
Glasser said his firm is in the beginning stage of identifying various companies in a broad-array of home categories for the cause-related opportunity.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...