NRF Foundation elects HSNi's Grossman as chair
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/14/2013 11:58:41 AM
New York - The NRF Foundation, the non-profit arm of the National Retail Federation, today announced that Mindy Grossman, ceo of multi-channel retailer HSNi, was elected as the new chair of its board of directors.
Set to serve a two-year term, Grossman replaces Kip Tindell, chairman and ceo of The Container Store.
"With over three decades of retail experience, Mindy is a perfect example of the opportunities that exist within our industry. I can't think of anyone better suited to guide the NRF Foundation as we begin our journey to cultivate the next generation of retail leaders," said Ellen David, NRF Foundation executive director.
Grossman is credited with leading the transformation of HSNi into a lifestyle network, diversifying its portfolio of brands and personalities and forging relationships between the entertainment and retail communities. She has evolved the traditional TV network into a multiplatform business and today, HSN.com is a top-10 most trafficked e-commerce site, with digital accounting for more than 35% of HSN's total revenues.
Prior to taking HSNi public in 2008, Grossman had been ceo of IAC Retailing, a division of Interactive Corporation. A 35-year veteran of the retail industry, she previously served as a corporate officer and global vice president of Nike Inc., and led Nike's $4 billion apparel business from 2000 to 2006.
In addition Grossman's leection, NRF Foundation also elected three new executives to serve on its board. They are:
- Bill Brand, executive vice president of programming, marketing and business development, HSN;
- Audrey Robertson, vice president of cultural programs, community relations and social media, The Container Store, Inc.;
- Anne Voller, vice president of talent acquisition, Macy's, Inc.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...