ARTS Big Show Pavilion to display social, mobile and data management technologies
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/8/2013 1:04:11 PM
Washington -- The Association for Retail Technology Standards (ARTS) said it is again centering on cutting-edge technologies and social media management later this month at the National Retail Federation's 103rd annual BIG Show.
The ARTS Pavilion, to be located in booth 2253, will open Jan. 14 on the EXPO Floor of the event, which will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
This year marks ARTS' 13th anniversary hosting a special Standards Pavilion.
This year's featured showcase is an ARTS-enabled day in the life of BevMo!, a leading beverage-lifestyle specialty retailer in the western United States. This showcase sets the tone for the mobile, social and data management technologies presented by 18 exhibiting vendors from North and South America, Asia and Europe.
ARTS representatives will be onsite and available to explain how retailers can use ARTS to implement mobile and social media applications and improve their data management.
The pavilion will feature the following integration demonstrations:
• A Day in the Life of BevMo!
• Epson and Japanese Standards Group OPOS-J will exhibit a virtual point-of-sale transaction system using web services, mobile smartphone and tablet devices, POS hardware devices and cloud-based applications incorporating ARTS WS-POS and UnifiedPOS standards.
• Germany-based scale manufacturer Bizerba will be presenting their use of the ARTS UnifiedPOS standard and will integrate with ADC's InterStore application using the ARTS Fresh Item Management schema. The ARTS Fresh Item Management schema allows retailers to maximize their fresh item profitability, such as tracking methodologies that let companies pinpoint a specific product to a specific food recall. Bizerba will also be demonstrating integration with Canadian-based Invatron, which reveals how retailers can manage scale monitoring, PLU and price management, multi-media distribution and more via Invatron's Scale Management Solution.
Additionally, ARTS will welcome individual demos at the Pavilion throughout the event including: Alvarez & Marsal, key contributors to the development of the ARTS Data Warehouse model; CA's ERwin will demonstrate their modeling tool that powers the ARTS Data Models; Cisco will be showing their Compliance Solution for PCI and testing visitors' knowledge of PCI compliance; DiCentral, a leader in standards-based B2B supply chain integration, will demonstrate real-time exchange of data and; MicroStrategy will showcase their Alert Mobile Commerce and Loyalty Platform.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...