QVC to buy social marketing site
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/7/2012 12:09:01 PM
West Chester, Pa. - Television and ecommerce retailer QVC has signed an agreement to acquire Oodle Inc., which uses Facebook and Twitter to reinvent online classified advertising.
Oodle operates a network of online marketplaces with more than 15 million monthly unique users who buy, sell and trade on the Oodle Marketplace and the Marketplace on Facebook .
"The QVC shopping experience is fundamentally social in nature. With this acquisition, we can fuel our evolving social commerce experience," said Clair Watts, ceo of QVC U.S.
The deal, which covers most of Oodle's assets, is expected to close by Dec. 31. Terms were not disclosed.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...