Gift+Home seminars at Las Vegas Market to cover timely topics for retailers
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/5/2012 10:36:18 AM
Las Vegas - Retailers are invited to attend a series of "Gift + Home" seminars over the five-day span of the upcoming Las Vegas Market.
Scheduled for Jan. 28 through Feb. 1, the market and these new educational seminars will address trends, design, social media and business-building marketing strategies aimed at helping retailers in their businesses as well as will feature a special presentation from Yankee Candle's ceo Harlan Kent.
"The value of Gift+Home at Las Vegas Market extends well beyond the showrooms and temporary exhibits to also include top-notch presenters addressing current issues," said Dorothy Belshaw, president of Gift and Home Décor, International Market Centers, parent company of Las Vegas Market. "We're presenting a full slate of programs to bring retailers up to speed on the latest trends, as well as ideas and inspiration to take their businesses in new directions."
A highlight of the schedule is a presentation by Kent, which is scheduled January 30. Titled "Going Undercover, And What I Learned," the session will set the stage for Kent to share his experiences and insights from his participation in the Emmy Award-winning CBS television show "Undercover Boss." Offering lessons applicable for all businesses, he will describe what he learned from observing his company from the perspective of a front line worker. In addition, he will discuss the key ingredients for a successful business including customer service and brand awareness in this exclusive appearance.
Other headlining seminars include the First Look program -- a fast-paced look at the hottest new product introductions debuting market week, recognition of Alexa Hampton as the 2013 Design Icon Award recipient, winning visual merchandising and store displays for gift and home retailers, successful ingredients to creating a customer-centric culture, business-building sessions to attract and retain customers, current social media best practices, a trend forecast for the interiors industry, an inspiring presentation from the global authority on color, Pantone, and much more.
Over the five days at market, there will be nearly 50 seminars and all will be open to market attendees.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...