Dollar General adds 20-year retail veteran Cochran to board
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/5/2012 10:28:24 AM
Goodlettsville, Tenn. -- Dollar General Corporation has elected Sandy Cochran, president and ceo of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, to its board of directors, effective today.
"We are excited to add Sandy to the Dollar General board of directors," said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General's chairman and ceo. "Sandy's extensive experience and perspective will provide us with valuable insights as we continue to grow our business. Her expertise will complement our Board as we strive to build shareholder value."
With Cochran's election, the count of Dollar General's directors on its board grows to nine, and the total number of independent directors to five. Additionally, Dollar General now has a majority of independent directors on its board with Cochran's appointment.
The company added that Cochran, who has been designated an audit committee financial expert, will serve on the audit committee of Dollar General's board.
Cochran joined Cracker Barrel in April 2009 as evp and cfo, and then was promoted to president and coo in November 2010. Less than a year later -- September 2011 -- she was moved up again to her current position.
Earlier in her career, Cochran served as ceo of Books-A-Million Inc. from February 2004 to April 2009, and prior to that as the book retailer's president, cfo and vp of finance.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...