Groupon expands offers on Grouponicus Wintertime Celebration
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/27/2012 12:07:38 PM
Chicago - Grouponis bringing back its Grouponicus holiday event for the third consecutive year, this time bigger than before with new holiday catalogs, an automated gift finder, real-time gift suggestions via Twitter, free shipping, and even a headless snowman.
According to Barnicus Stapleton, Groupon chief of gifting and author of The Gift of Chiefing, this year's Grouponicus celebration includes the following:
- Groupon Gift Finder: Located at http://www.groupon.com/gifts, this new feature first asks the user three simple questions about their gift recipient and then goes on to search through thousands of deals throughout Groupon to offer suitable options;
- Real-time gift suggestions: Also new for this year, this feature functions through the site's Twitter account, @groupon. Users tweet using the #groupongifts hashtag and then share information on their gift recipients as well as his/her location and preferences.
- Groupon Goods free shipping and free returns: Also new this year, Groupon Goods purchases over $15 and weighing less than 150 lbs. come with free shipping. Also, returns weighing less than 150 lbs. can be shipped back to Groupon Goods for free via the convenient Online Return Center. Free shipping of orders over $15 and free returns may be subject to certain restrictions. See http://www.groupon.com/goods for more details.
- Groupon's Head and Seek Sweepstakes: On Dec. 6 Groupon will launch its "Head and Seek" daily sweepstakes, offering consumers a chance to win $1,000 in Groupon Bucks each day through Dec. 12. The game calls for users to find the Headless Snowman's hidden head in a deal within http://www.groupon.com/gifts. Users should visit Groupon's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/groupon and at its Twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/groupon for clues each day.
- Grouponcierges: The Grouponcierges are Groupon's resident holiday gift-giving experts, the company explained, and "They're a wealth of knowledge on all things Groupon gifting and how to deal with the toughest people to buy for on your list this season." The Grouponcierges are currently touring the country to make local television and radio appearances, all in an effort to spread holiday cheer and give consumers helpful holiday tips.
- Give Back with Groupon Grassroots: Groupon Grassroots is launching a series of six national campaigns as a part of the company's holiday initiative - "The Big Give" - to help showcase Groupon as a resource for gifting this season, particularly charitable giving. Customers can participate and/or make a donation by visiting http://www.groupon.com/grassroots.
- Grouponicus on the Go: For shopping on the go, Grouponicus deals are also be available via the Groupon mobile app -- http://www.groupon.com/mobile -- for iPhone and Android. To download the free Groupon app, visit the iPhone App Store or the Android Marketplace.
We would love your feedback!