Ikea to replace Burbank, Calif., store with larger one
Clint Engel -- Home Textiles Today, 11/19/2012 1:10:24 PM
Conshohocken, Pa. - Ikea plans to open a new 470,000-square-foot store in Burbank, Calif., in the fall of 2016, which will be nearly twice the size of the current store it will replace in the market.
The existing 242,000-square-foot store was the Sweden-based home furnishings giant's first in California and sixth in the nation, opening in 1990 on 6.4 acres along Interstate 5 and San Fernando Boulevard, the company said.
The new store, just starting the governmental review process, will be less than a mile from the original location, but will sit on 22 acres west of San Fernando Boulevard and south of Providencia Avenue, with improved accessibility and 1,700 parking spaces. Ikea also plans to install a solar energy system similar to the one on the existing store.
It said the old store could be incorporated into a local developer's plans "to spur further economic growth as the Burbank Town Center."
"Because of this store's success, we are excited about the opportunity to build upon our established presence in Burbank with a new, roomier store so close to the existing one and in the same city," Mike Ward, Ikea U.S. president, said in a release.
We would love your feedback!
- Aug 23, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...