Dallas Market Center, Royers Round Top Café to bring pies, gift cards to Sandy victims
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/13/2012 12:59:24 PM
Dallas - The Dallas Market Center is teaming up with Bud Royer of Royers Round Top Café in Round Top, Texas, to deliver a batch of homemade pies as well as some $25 gift cards to victims of Hurricane Sandy in New York and New Jersey.
Calling it a "sweet mission," Royer will hit the road next week, driving "a big, refrigerated truck" loaded up with 650 to 700 of his own handmade pies up to the Jersey Shore, Staten Island, and The Rockaways.
He plans to make his deliveries in time for Thanksgiving.
Dallas Market Center, which is underwriting the trip, said along the way Royer plans to make stops at relief centers, shelters and work sites "to distribute pies and moral support from the heart of Texas."
Aside from pies, he will be distributing $25 gift cards at each stop "so folks can buy a little something."
Dallas Market Center and Royer are inviting the industry to make donations toward the gift cards to "help make the holidays a little brighter for our friends on the East Coast."
To make a donation, please visit www.dallasmarketcenter.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...