Sears Cost Cutting Narrows Loss, Sales Slide Continues
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/6/2012 6:20:11 AM
HOFFMAN ESTATES, ILL. - Sears Holdings pared inventories and hacked away at costs to trim its second quarter net loss to $132 million, or $1.25 per share, compared to a net loss of $146 million, or $1.37 per share in the year-ago quarter.
Total sales dropped 6.6% to $9.47 billion for the quarter ended July 30. Comps fell 2.9% at U.S. Sears stores and 4.7% at Kmart stores. Same-store sales at Sears Canada were down 7.1%.
U.S. inventories were cut 6.0% to $7.9 billion year-over-year - driven by a combination of improved productivity and a smaller store base.
"While we drive operational discipline, we are also investing in our customer experience, particularly through our ShopYourWay membership program and Integrated Retail. Our focus is on providing clear benefits to our members and customers, and delivering an excellent and seamless experience across the store, online, mobile and in the home," said company president and ceo Lou D'Ambrosio.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...