JCPenney brings back percent-off discounts
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/29/2012 10:16:04 AM
Plano, Texas - JCPenney is reviving a percent-off sale offer for the first time since February, when the retailer went to everyday low pricing, the Dallas Morning News reports.
The offer, which was posted on jcp.com and sent as a text message to customers Sunday, is for 30% off already reduced clearance merchandise in stores and online through Nov. 3.
Morning News Reporter Maria Halkias said the move represents ceo Ron Johnson "tweaking" the everyday low pricing strategy, as he said he would. He had called JCPenney's former strategy of pricing high and discounting often as gimmicky, and moved to what he called a "fair and square" pricing policy.
In the first two quarters, the new policy led to 20% sales declines. The third quarter runs through October.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...