Ikea projects revenue growth of up to 85% by 2020
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/24/2012 2:12:45 PM
Stockholm - Ikea expects its revenue to grow by as much as 85% and its store count to grow by 200 units worldwide by 2020, according to a report by Nasdaq.com.
Revenue for the Sweden-based home furnishings giant is expect to increase to 45 billion euro to 50 billion euro by 2020, up from 26.9 billion euro for the most recent fiscal year ended Aug. 31, the report said. Ikea's store count is expected to increase to 500 stores.
The new estimates were in a sustainability report the company released Tuesday, Nasdaq reported. It also noted Ikea will have 200,000 employees by 2020 (up from 131,000 today) and about 1.5 billion annual visitors (up from about 655 million).
We would love your feedback!
- Sep 18, 2012
- Oct 21, 2011
- Sep 28, 2011
- Oct 25, 2010
- Apr 8, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...